Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Apparently alot to say.

I sometimes wonder if the hyperness related to coffee consumption is partially mental? See, if you drink coffee for the purpose of staying up and the general picture you receive from the media is the over exaggerated hyperness of bouncing off the walls, does your brain assume that it is how you should be acting? Basically, when you drink coffee do you sometimes start acting very hyper because you have a preconceived notion that you should? I don't know. Tell me.



Basically, I am in the middle of consuming a large amount of coffee... i am starting to feel kinda the way I just wrote... is it possible to coffee overdose? Anywho, I have been doing pretty good lately, I am in super-student-homework mode, well I was, until i started blogging, but this is for the good of all mankind(you may not think so, but I am inspiring you somehow, just wait and you will eventually realize it), so I will count this as an acceptable break from the realm of studiousness.

I have been doing pretty good of lately, actually sitting in Crossroads Cafe doing my homework because its open mic night and my friend, Nathan Walker, is playing. I have my laptop and coffee and feel very mature. If I had a camera I would take a picture so you could get the full effect of how mature and responsible I look.

I was shocked two days ago. I walked into the downstairs portion of Welborn Cafeteria and could not find a single thing that looked appealing to my very hungry eyes(now my eyes were not actually hungry but I was trying to emphasize my mental state by telling you my eyes were "hungry".... it probably would have been easier to tell you, straight forward, that I was hungry.... but that wouldn't be as fun, and let us not forget that this blog is for my enjoyment a tad more then it is for yours). Anywho, back to the point, I was really hoping that my distaste for campus food would come like, in December at the earliest, but alas, it hit three weeks into the semester... this is not good.

I looked at a gym today, it was a lot less strenuous then actually working out at a gym, but still more strenuous then sitting at my desk looking at digg.com(best site in the world btw...make sure you start at "Top in 24hrs" though). So looking at the gym is currently the middle ground of strenuous and seems to be a good option for now, maybe soon I will work all the up to actually working out, but we wont count our chickens just yet my friends....

So, 2nd draft of personal essay due tomorrow, quiz in Calculus 1 tomorrow, and then quiz in computer science on Friday. Basically study city until Friday then relaxing laziness till Monday..(maybe i will be adventurous and even do some more gym looking.)

Not much else going on with me, actually back from the coffee shop and in my dorm getting ready to finish my math homework. Oh how I despise math, good thing I am a computer science major and we do not deal with it much...(sarcasm for those of you going "Oh that's good!")

Oh on the last note, I got a haircut today! Now alot of you are probably saying, "Sooo? Whats the big deal?" You have to understand that I dont think I have actually gotten a real haircut from a barber in 8 years. That is approximately how long I have had my buzzcut and I have always done that at home(because its free silly). Soo I was sitting in the chair and my barber asked what I would like done....I had no idea! I thought you just sat down they went to work on your hair and then you left... THAT WAS NOT THE CASE! As most of you may know I am not a decision maker but rather a follower, and I had to do some major thinking on the spot. After a long pause my barber asked me questions regarding cutting the top side and everything else and I responded to each with "sure"... so I officially have what I like to call "The Sure Cut".. Anywho, still deciding if i like it or not and eventually may post a picture....

Anyway, this was a huge post! Enjoy, I am off to do homework so I am heading off!

Thanks for reading....
Eric

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for posting! Hope all that coffee didn't keep you up the whole night. And I hope that multi-tasking works okay for you... personally, I don't think I'd remember much of what I studied if I was also at Open Mic... those quiz grades might prove an indicator :-)

Eric Herbert said...

Lol, sooo false, but nice try Mom. :p

Amanda said...

well wasn't that inspiring :) waiting for the picture....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone else looks at the gym and checks it off the list... Mostly I drive by North Hills where the gym IS. Post a pic so we can see the 'do!