Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh What A Fun Weekend

I had a good weekend to say the least. Friday evening I took an adventure to Wal-Mart with Chris, Corey, Ben, and Sarah I was able to purchase 4 liters of soda for $1.68... opposed to the $1.25 I was paying for a 20 ounce bottle in the Cone Hall lobby.... I only have one word... PREPOSTEROUS! Also had my first encounter with Blue Bell ice cream, it has been highly acclaimed by Chris since we arrived and I decided to spend the cash on a pint... frankly, it was just ice cream to me(when you expect heaven and get normal ice cream, it can be enough to kill a boy's spirit... luckily I am a man and all I did was decide that ice cream is dumbbb).

So on Saturday I took a trip to Compression/Twisted Falls with Chris, Gordan, Ben, and Tyler. It was about a 30 minute drive followed by a 1/2 mile hike down the side of a mountain... by down the side... I mean... like straight down the side of the mountain.


Now the hike was basically running from tree to tree to stop yourself from rolling down the hill, but after we reached the bottom... I decided it was completely worth it.



So we started off by climbing to the top of the waterfall. You can not see it in the pictures, but actually to the top left above and behind the waterfall there is another pool which sits under a 25 ft. cliff, so we went up there and jumped off the cliff and tried our best not to die. Proudly I can say we all succeeded, I actually made it up to the top of another ledge and was able to make a roughly 32 ft jump.... scared the junk out of me.

We then migrated over to the actual waterfall and took turns sliding down the waterfall, it actually just felt like a water slide.. well until you hit the water, I am not sure if it was the water speeding you up as you fell or the water hitting you once you went under, but either way, you hit the water hard.




The hike back up to the car was no where as near fun as the hike down. Climbing a 1/2 mile back up that hill was a nightmare..(my legs still are whimpering.) Anywho, It still was a complete blast and I loved every second of it. I decided I officially love the mountains :p.

Sunday morning Chris and I decided to visit a new church, so we ended up at "Mt. Vernon Baptist Church", it's one of the largest church's in the Boone area and had been recommended by a few people. We showed up right as the service was starting and ended up sitting in the upper balcony. The church was a.. church, the way the lighting was done it actually reminded me of a television service/church, it wasn't bad, but the overall feel wasn't really for me, I also had a bit of trouble paying attention and ended up doing my devotion in the middle of service... lol, came out that Chris did the same thing... So we will be going back to Alliance next week and I can say I am kinda happy about it.

So I decided that since a major part of my life is food, I love food, its a fact, so each weekend I will update you with my favorite cafeteria dish of the week. This week I present "Sweet and Sour Chicken w/ broccoli, fried squash, and a roll.



It actually tasted a whole lot better then it looked! The chicken was not the best, but the fried squash was one of the most amazing foods I have had yet at ASU! It probably even made it under the classification of "Yummy Goodness". All together it was a good meal, i think half the tastefulness came from the fact that I have had alot of burgers, wrapps, salads, pizza, and sandwiches lately and it was really good to have a "different" meal.

Now not much else has happened as of late. Its Monday and I am back to the daily grind of school, I actually feel like I did well on my quizzes last week so that is a blessing, I will be getting those back today and will be interested to see my grade. Chris and I are heading home this weekend to visit family and friends, so that is a big blessing, haven't had a chance to visit since I arrived.

Well I hope you enjoyed the post and thank you for reading,
Have a wonderful day,
~Eric

3 comments:

GrammaJelly said...

So glad you returned to Boone unscathed after the trip to the falls...sounds like fun, though. Love reading your BLOG...keep it up. lots of love, Gram

Beth said...

fried squash sounds really yummy.... I used to make something like that, but haven't in a loooong time.
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that the food didn't LOOK so wonderful... Monochromatic, really! But if it tasted better than it looks, that's good. And the waterfall/cliff diving sounds amazing.